1. Tackling the national deficit by growing the economy, creating more jobs and lowering taxes wherever possible
I want to make sure that all benefit from the success of the economic growth led by the Conservative Government. Only a strong economy can pay for services we all want.
2. Manston Airport has a strong future as a freight hub with passenger & high value engineering services
Manston Airport has been plagued by poor decision making. I will use my practical business experience and work with all involved to ensure it re-opens, fighting Thanet District Council's proposal to turn Manston into a high-density mixed-use development site.
3. Ramsgate Royal Harbour at the heart of regeneration with improved leisure and commerce
Ramsgate should be at the heart of our regeneration project. I want to see it become the premier watersport and fishing centre in the South East of England. Read more about the 'Ramsgate Regeneration' project here.
4. REDUCING SANDWICH TRAFFIC CONGESTION
I will work with the council to reduce traffic congestion and preserve this beautiful medieval town. Traffic passing through historic narrow streets makes the lives of residents in Sandwich unnecessarily difficult. I've worked with Kent, Dover and Sandwich Town Councils to resolve the situation. You can find out more here.
5. I AM OPPOSED TO HIGH DENSITY OVER-DEVELOPMENT IN THANET, SANDWICH AND THE VILLAGES
We need to protect our heritage and beautiful green areas from inappropriate housing and over-development. I am also working closely with the Listed Property Owners' Club and looking at a number of ways to help preserve our historic buildings.
6. WE NEED MORE APPRENTICESHIPS TO MAKE SURE THAT YOUNG PEOPLE CAN ACHIEVE ALL THAT THEY CAN IN LIFE
South Thanet has been a real success story for apprenticeships. I will make sure that we provide even more to make the link to employment for younger people.